STALLION AUCTION – RULES & TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To nominate a stallion to the National Mountain Trail Stallion Service Auction simply fill out a NMTSSA stallion donation form and mail it along with a check for the minimum bid of $200.00. Nominations will not be accepted without the $200.00 check.
A. If the stallion service fee is sold the minimum bid check of $200 will be returned to the stallion owner. The stallion owner will receive one entry. Mare must be nominated January 2nd of the year she foals.
B. If the stallion service fee does not sell on the auction the minimum bid check of $200 will be cashed. The stallion owner will also be the mare owner and receive two entries. Mares must be nominated January 2nd of the year she foals.
2. All stallions will start at a minimum bid of $225.00: Payment of the purchase through the auction is due the day of the auction. Should the purchaser default on payment, the intent of the sale is there and is considered a sold service. Therefore the stallion owner is eligible to nominate and show a foal in the NMTSSA Futurity.
3. Phone bidding will be available. To bid by phone contact the NMTSSA secretary at the location of the auction. A major credit card will be required for bidding over the phone. A 5-day grace period will be given before the card is processed. If the buyer mails the NMTSSA secretary a check within 5 days after the auction, the credit card will not be processed.
4. Mail bids are accepted until November 5th. Send a check to the NMTSSA secretary for the full amount you bid. You will be notified by mail whether your bid was successful, and if not your check will be returned to you.
5. The highest bidder shall be the buyer.
6. The payment shall be by cash, check or credit card. Payment can be made in two payments - 50% due sale day, remaining balance due February 1st with a post-dated check the day of sale or a credit card.
7. Relocation of a stallion does not prevent you from breeding a mare and is only an inconvenience, NMTSSA is not responsible for relocated stallions.
8. If the stallion dies or should he become unserviceable, or should stallion owner, manager, or lessee refuse to honor contract for any reason, credit will be given purchaser for the following year for the same amount on another breeding fee through the auction.
10. If mare does not produce a live foal the first year of service, the mare will be given a return service. In case of death of the original mare, a substitute mare will be acceptable. The stallion service fee from the auction will remain with the year purchased, but the foal will be moved to it's year of eligibility. If the foal dies after birth, but within the live foal guarantee period, you may re-breed your mare. We cannot do anything if the foal dies past that time.
A. The Futurity committee will fulfill its obligations for 2 years to the purchaser of the breeding fee. Resulting foal will be eligible for the Futurity.
B. If after two (2) consecutive years from the purchase date the mare does not settle, any rebreeding will be between the mare owner and the stallion owner. The resulting foal will not be eligible for the Futurity.
11. If you sell your mare and/or foal before the futurity, notify the NMTSSA secretary of the new owners right away.
12. If you sell your stallion service the resulting foal is still eligible for the futurity. If the stallion service fee is resold, notification of this sale must be submitted in writing by both concerned parties to the NMTSSA secretary before mare is bred.
13. Proceeds of the Stallion Service Auction will be used to fund the 2011 NMTSSA classes which will be held concurrently with the NMTC Futurity as follows:
A. Twelve percent (12%) will be used for expenses.
B. Eighty-eight percent (88%) will be split equally (Twenty-two 22%) for the four classes, Two & Under In-Hand, Junior Horse (Three and Four Year old), Senior Horse (Five and Six Year Old) and Non Pro (Three, Four and Five and Six Year Old).
14. NSF check is considered non-payment. Entry is ineligible. NSF check charge is $25.00 per check.
1. Futurity Forms will be mailed out after the NMTSSA.
2. All futurity classes will be for all off-spring of the stallion whose service was sold according to the year.
A. The entry fee will be $100.00. Payment schedule for all classes as follows:
1. Nomination fee - July 1st - $35.00
2. Final payment - October 1st - $65.00—Entry form must accompany this payment.
3. There will be a late fee of $25.00 per entry from July 2nd until October 1st along with the regular payment fees.
4. Absolutely no entries accepted after October 1st.
5. 88% of the entry fee will be used for the purse.
6. Added money may also be added to this class.
3. Judging will be multi-judge system. Scoring will be on a point system. All ties will stand as placed. Paybacks of ties will be added together and divided evenly. Tie breaker judge will determine the trophy and placing.
MARE OWNER'S RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Mare owners will assume responsibility of all board fees, vet fees, transportation, and any other fees incurred by their mare.
2. Mare must be in sound breeding condition.
3. Contact stallion owner when mare will be arriving at breeding farm.
4. Submit to all stipulations of the stallion owner's breeding contract.
5. Mare owner will not hold the stallion owner responsible for any accidental injury and/or death to mare and/or foal.
6. Mare owner will not be held responsible for any injury and/or death of stallion.
7. Mare nomination must be made January 2nd of the year mare foals. Nomination fee of $10.00 is required.
STALLION OWNER'S RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Stallion owner will breed mare in a manner consistent with their breeding program and issue a Breeder's certificate when foal is born, Stallion owner will also agree to re-breed mare in case of failure to conceive, abortion of fetus, or failure of foal to stand and nurse.
2. Stallion owner will not be held responsible for any accidental injury and/or death of mare and/or foal. However, stallion owner will notify mare owner immediately if injury, sickness and/or death of mare.
3. Any stallion owner donating a service fee to the auction may show one foal in the Breeders Futurity. However, stallion owner must nominate a mare by January 2 of the year mare foals. The nomination fee of $10.00 is required.
NATIONAL MOUNTAIN TRAIL STALLION SERVICE AUCTION EXPRESSLY DOES NOT WARRANT OR DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE HEALTH OF ANY STALLION D0NATED TOTHE NMTSSA AND SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ILLNESS OR INJURY TO ANY MARE. ALL AGREEMENTS ARE BETWEEN THE MARE OWNER & STALLION OWNER. THE OREGON HORSE CENTER AND NATIONAL MOUNTAIN TRAIL STALLION SERVICE AUCTION ACT AS THE AGENT ONLY.